Okay, so today is picture day. I don't care for school pictures......who wants a purple background with your cute child's worst possible smile in front of it hanging up in your house? Well, apparently someone - but not me. My kids pictures rarely turn out well for these events and lets face it the pictures are not cheap when it's x3. So last year I took a stance and didn't order the pictures and I felt like a bad mom, but when the pictures came back (just in case I changed my mind and wanted to buy some) I was so glad that I didn't they were horrible and I tend to think my kids are rather cute. So today I took the same stance and didn't order the pictures...but I did my duty, they wore new clothes, their faces and teeth were clean when they left the house and we curled the girl's hair so they wouldn't wreck the class picture for everyone else :) I was feeling a tad of guilt, but then Ben's teacher called a few mintues ago in a panic because she couldn't find his order form......yes I love my son, just not school pictures.
It's not that I don't get their pictures taken, it's just not at school :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Here, here!!! Ryan and I just talked about this same issue this week for picture day on Tuesday. Needless to say, we didn't order them either. If that makes us bad Mom's....I can handle that!
Kris,
I'm with you! I cave under pressure though and get the class picture for the kids. Well, good luck to you guys and Matt! He looks good in camo!
I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!!! I took all that guilt and went shopping with a friend today, with a backseat full of bags and no hubby home to explain my purchases to (heehee) I am feeling much better!
I did the same thing.....plus Trinity just lost her tooth in front. The pictures are expensive and I am planning to get them taken elsewhere with the baby. So don't feel bad.
I wish I didn't buy the pictures. I felt like I should since Cole is the first- he looks cute but they gave me the wrong background and it is an awful bright green. We won't be buying them again- that is what JC Penny is for :) You aren't a bad mom, you are a smart mom :)
I could not agree more. Crazy expensive, horrible school pictures. Lets go picket outside the school. "NO MORE UGLY PICTURES" !!! All I have to say is being number 5 in my family there are not a whole lot of pictures of me. BUT, my mom always made sure to order up those school picts. Yeah I have quite the collection of horror! Your kids should thank you some day. Lori
Last fall I took the kids pictures to Jason's Grandma's to see if she wanted to buy them. She didn't. She kept them without paying for them and didn't even offer me any of them. Now I go to other peoples homes in the family and they have pictures of my kids, and I don't. So I'm sure the people at the school think I stole them. And how do you tell a 75+ year old women it is wrong to steal? This family kills me sometimes. Lol!
Post a Comment