Monday, July 28, 2008

My Church Calling

As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we all having "callings" or jobs at church, they are ALL volunteer and no one gets paid. Ever since we moved to Flagstaff I have been the Primary Chorister, that means I teach the kids songs during Sunday School singing time. Well, if you know me - you know I don't sing well, lead music or really enjoy this kind of thing in general so it's been kind of a struggle - okay it's more than a struggle, sometimes it's down right painful! But I'm doing it and and learning each Sunday. Yesterday I did this really fun activity with the older group of kids and they of course got really silly and just laughed the entire time, I had a blast. Every Sunday I wonder if they learned anything or had fun but yesterday the little boy who said the closing prayer said, "Thank you for the fun music we sang and the other stuff we did" I almost cried I was so happy!!!

4 comments:

Leah said...

I knew you were good at your calling, no matter what you tried to tell me. Matt was called into meet with the stake president yesterday. But, it was only a meet and greet, hallelujah!

Rachel Rackham Westhoff said...

I'm telling you, primary chorister is the best calling in the church. Although I am currently LOVING being Gospel Doctrine teacher--I know I'm weird. I love all the pics of your kids. They are adorable. You look great btw. Did you ever think about working for WW?

Mary said...

Oh I never doubted you Kristin! I knew you would find a way to make that calling your own. :) Way to go girl...now that you are having fun at it, you'll get a new calling! :) Love ya! Oh by the way the Smith's now are blogging! You can check out what is going on with Brother and Sister Dan! ;) We sure miss you! LOVES and HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Oh man Kristin, we are soooo kindred spirits! I had that calling a few years ago when I was pregnant with the twins and you know what I did when I was called to it? I bawled my eyes out (and I don't think it was just because of the hormones!). I felt the exact same way you did - why in the world are they calling me to this? Of course it ended up being *coughmostlycough* good in the end... you are PERFECT for it, though! :)