Thanks for all the kind, encouraging words to my previous post.....I started writing a response in the comment section and then it got so long so I decided just to post it......
Thanks for kind words, it's really the strangest calling I've ever had.......today is Thursday, that dreaded time of the week when it's time to start thinking, "what I am going to do for Sunday?," knowing the inevitable is coming in just a few days. Last week a man that was subbing in Primary said, "I don't know why, but you just crack me up the entire singing time" Ummm, I know why...I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM DOING!!! It's truly a humbling calling. I can pretend to lead the music, but ya'll know you can pretend to sing well. I'm trying, but during JR. Primary especially I'm up there singing all by my lonesome and it isn't pretty :)
I can't even sleep on Saturday nights because I have usually waited until the last minute to prepare and I have to listen to those Primary CD's to learn the songs and then they just play over and over and over in my head and I wake up singing em' too. After church I let out a sigh of relief, with the fear in the back of my mind that I'm going to have to do it all again next week :) I know it's so silly, because it's not a demanding calling by any stretch of the imagination it's just so NOT ME....
Rach, Gospel Doctrine....wow, I fear that too, glad you're loving it smarty pants!
Kristy, I kid you not....I cried when the calling was extended too, I'm sure the guy thought I was crazy.
Alrightie, off I go to search sugardoodle and my little yahoo group from some great ideas for Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Good luck!
Oh Kristin, I'm so glad you're blogging and you found mine! I'm so glad we have another way to "keep track" of eachother.
John's wife, Cindy, was called as the primary chorister w/ NO experience also. She grew so much and ended up loving that calling like none other. I'll give her your blog address!
Wow! Flagstaff....that's the area where my dad grew up. Actually Lakeside. That area is beautiful!
I'll enjoy reading your blog.
Nat!
Kristin... yo know you love it you are great at impromtu. Just get up there and shake what yo momma gave ya!
LOL how did we end up with the same calling?
These have helped me:
http://www.primarytogo.com/pages/music2008.php
http://lds.about.com/od/singingtime/Singing_Time.htm
http://www.christysclipart.com/singing_page.html
http://www.lds.org/hf/art/0%2C16812%2C4218-1%2C00.html
http://lds.about.com/library/gallery/clipart/blclipart_gallery_subindex.htm
http://www.youngwomen.faithweb.com/p_container.html
http://www.theideadoor.com/Primary/PrimarySingingTime.html
http://www.ldstoday.com/home/level2/PrimaryIdeas.php#Music
http://www.barrysclipart.com/index.php
http://rikers.org/lds/music/children/
http://www.mormonshare.com/search-lds-clipart.php?search=primary
Jeanne Bickerstaff here by accident, on purpose. I used to ask the kids in Primary if they could sing louder than I could. But be prepared: Shouting is not singing, but they'll figure out that they outnumber you soon enough! lol LOVE you guys and miss you SO much. Bet you're having a blast.
Ahhh! I am so sorry, Kristin! The Lord works in mysterious ways, huh? It's always good when callings make us cry and feel nauseous on a regular basis. LOL Love you!
just to let you all know, I am the sunbeam teacher, and Kristin really does a great job. I'm not just saying it to make you feel better Kristin, you really have a cute way with the kids, and even though you may not be ready to sing in an opera, you sing just fine and are teaching the children about Heavenly Father and Jesus through music, they will remember these songs all their lives, not how their teacher sang. Don't be so hard on yourself, you are wonderful!!!! LaShelle
Post a Comment