Sunday, July 19, 2009

We're in Kansas

We've been here 2 weeks now and still no chigger bites.......so far so good. We walked through the park at sunset a few nights ago and the kids were amazed by all the fireflies.....they are cool little buggers. The house is almost all unpacked, the kids have friends in the neighborhood already and I was given 2 callings at church today ~ so I guess that means we are getting settled in.

I miss Flagstaff and our buddies there.......I miss all the trees and the foresty smells. It's so strange to pull into the Walmart parking lot and not have 10 RV's sleeping there over night, for some reason people just don't vacation at the Gardner, Kansas Walmart. I miss the 5 minute drive to church, Ben just can't get over WHY we have to drive so far to church....each Sunday about 10 minutes into the drive he starts the questioning.

It's nice to be back too, in a strange way it's like coming home because it's so familiar. It's great to move to a place with instant friends!

3 comments:

Jarom said...

I'm glad the transition is going so well!

Paul and Mari said...

We sure miss you guys! Glad you are getting all settled in and you are back home.

Holly Schwendiman said...

Girl you are one jumping bean!! :) Hope you're doing great.

Hugs,
Holly