Monday, August 11, 2008

North Rim ~ Grand Canyon Camping Trip

Oh give me a home where the buffalo roam......these guys greeted us shortly after we entered the park
Note this was August 4th, and look at all this hail we ran into ~ crazy northern Arizona weather!
This is about 5 minutes down the road.....amazing!

Cute little guy
My lil' photographer, Natalie, took this picture on our first hike

chillin' at the campsite
braving a few showers to catch some spectacular views
I took so many pictures during the trip, but you just can't capture how amazing the views are in just one picture
my girls!
Natalie took this picture too.......so sweet!
taking a break on the trail - I see you!
wildflowers everywhere, so pretty!
On the way home we stopped at Lee's Ferry, it's now where the river rafting companies start the rafting trips down the mighty Colorado through the Grand Canyon. Matt got to go down the river this spring.....stinker! But just a piece of history......it was originally an early Mormon settlement used to ferry Mormon settler's over the river.
I love the landscapes of this area of the country

This is my absolute favorite little critter of the southwest, the horned lizard, I think they are so cute! This little guy was hanging out on the rock right behind where the kids were standing in the picture above- there was a huge scream when they discovered him :)
















2 comments:

Leah said...

Love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! I love that I can blogstalk you now... it's almost like I am really there! :)

P.S. I think you should make that pic of you and Matt into a b/w and frame it. It is soooo special!